Digitalization in Industry – formerly WISO Meets Consulting
Welcome to the “Digitalization in Industry” seminar, a master level course that explores the impacts of digitalization on industry and the challenges and opportunities it presents. The seminar will consist of different case studies with industry partners. Students get provided with a unique challenge that needs to be solved strategically and technically. The seminar is built upon the principles of a hackathon, where you collaboratively develop a strategy and artifact that solves a business problem. Join us for an engaging and insightful exploration of the digitalization revolution in industry.
The seminar holds the following learning objectives:
- Understand the concept of digitalization in industry and its impact on business models, processes, and products.
- Analyze case studies of digitalization in industry and evaluate the benefits and challenges of these initiatives.
- Develop a strategic plan for digitalization in an industry context, considering technical, organizational, and cultural factors.
- Apply digitalization tools and techniques to solve a specific industry challenge provided by industry partners.
- Communicate and discuss the results of the strategic and technical analysis through a seminar paper and presentation, effectively using data, visuals, and storytelling techniques.
- Critically reflect on the ethical, legal, and social implications of digitalization in industry and propose responsible solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with peers and industry partners in a multidisciplinary team, applying project management skills and intercultural competences.
By the end of the seminar, students will have developed the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to understand, analyze, and apply digitalization in an industry context, as well as to communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders in this field. Those skills are highly relevant in a modern society.
Examination and grading
The seminar examination consists of the written thesis (70 % grade) and the seminar presentation (30 % grade). Both achievements need to be delivered in the same semester in order to complete the seminar and obtain 5 ECTS.
28.04.2023: Seminar Kick-Off – WiSo Lange Gasse
CW18 Individual appointment: Project Kick-Off with company – Zoom
CW21 Individual appointment: Feedback 1 – Zoom
CW25 Individual appointment: Feedback 2 – Zoom
14.07.2023: Final presentations
We also welcome students from different fields of study. The following crediting is possible:
- Master International Information Systems: Seminar IIS (credited as Seminar Digitalization in Business & Society)
- Master International Business Studies: Free Specialization Module for European area studies
- Master Management: Vertiefungsmodul im Bereich Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Master Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen: wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Wahlpflichtfach
- Master Computer Science: elective area
- Master Artificial Intelligence: elective area
If you are interested, please send an informal application with a CV in table form, showing the final grades of all your previous degrees and your current grade point average. You can either send your CV via E-Mail to Florian Meier (email@example.com), or upload it in the respective StudOn folder by April 23, 11:59 pm. You will be notified of your participation no later than April 26.