WISO Meets Consulting
In the WISO Meets Consulting seminar, students work in small groups to solve a case study, which is assigned to them at the beginning of the semester. During the semester, students learn in several keynote lectures by employees of reputable consulting firms about different approaches to the structured solution of real problems in companies, which they can apply to their case study. At the end of the semester, they present their solution to the case study as a group (30% of the exam performance) to the seminar and the representatives of the consulting firms. In addition, each student demonstrates his or her personal solution competence in a short term paper (70% of the examination).
Thereby, the students connect with the representatives of the most popular German companies in the economic environment, benefit from their experience and get an insight into the daily work routine in the industry.
- Record and analyse operational problems from the digitisation environment
- Develop and present approaches to solutions for digitisation challenges from business practice
- Apply scientific theories and methods to operational problems
- Apply methods for the structured solution of complex problems
- Work together in interdisciplinary teams.
04.04.2021, 11.59 pm: Deadline for applications
07.04.2021: Announcement of acceptance or rejection
16.04.2021: Introductory event including the announcement of the group classification
23.04.2021: First keynote lecture (Horváth & Partner)
30.04.2021: Second keynote lecture (McKinsey & Company)
07.05.2021: Third keynote lecture (Bissantz & Company)
14.05.2021: Fourth keynote lecture (EY)
21.05.2021: Fifth keynote lecture (Weissman & Cie.)
11.06.2021: Mid-term feedback
02.07.2021: Final presentations
We also welcome students from different fields of study. The following crediting is possible:
- Bachelor Wirtschaftsinformatik: Bachelorseminar Wirtschaftsinformatik (credited as Seminar Digitalization in Business & Society)
- Master International Information Systems: Seminar IIS (credited as Seminar Digitalization in Business & Society)
- Master International Business Studies: Free Specialization Module for European area studies
- Master Management: Vertiefungsmodul im Bereich Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Master Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen: wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Wahlpflichtfach
If you are interested, please send an informal application to Quirin Demlehner (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 04, 11:59 pm, with a CV in table form, showing the final grades of all your previous degrees (including HS diploma) and your current grade point average. You will be informed about your participation by April 07 at the latest.