Letter of recommendation
Information about the letter of recommendation
In order to obtain a letter of recommendation from Prof. Laumer, the following steps must be followed and information provided.
1) Independent writing of the letter of recommendation
Letters of recommendation are usually very individual, which is why no sample is issued by our chair. Therefore, please make sure to adapt the recommendation letter to the addressee when writing it independently. The suggested wording should be sent to us as a Word document. The letter can be written in German as well as in English.
2) Contents of the letter of recommendation
The letter of recommendation must include the following contents:
- Full name, date of birth
- List of courses taken with Prof. Dr. Laumer and a short summary of the contact you had with him or the chair
- A statement of the strengths and activities that are important to the addressee of the letter of recommendation
3) Other information to be provided
In order to complete the letter of recommendation, you must also complete and attach the “Application for Letter of Recommendation”. Please refer to the application for additional information.
Please submit your requests for a letter of recommendation early. The processing time for the letter of recommendation is at least 2 weeks.
Please send all requests for a letter of recommendation directly to email@example.com to ensure prompt processing.