Master Seminar Information Systems “Digitalization in Business and Society”
The seminar offered by the Schöller Endowed Chair for Information Systems, esp. Digitalization in Business and Society concentrates on the three research areas:
- Digitalization challenges
- Future of work
- People Analytics
As part of this research seminar, various research questions of digitalization in business and society within these fields are discussed and students carry out their own research project by using different methods (e.g., literature review, experimental research, qualitative research).
The aim of this seminar is to investigate the different perspectives of IS research.
For this purpose, students are working on a certain research project. Each student will apply a certain method to answer the initial stated research question.
Students are guided by a supervisor and have the opportunity to make up to three appointments during the semester.
The results of the research projects are summarized in a seminar thesis and to the other participants of the course.
The seminar is offered as a block seminar. In the Kick-Off Session, students can choose their seminar topic. Each student works on his/her individual seminar thesis during the semester. The results are presented and discussed at the end of the semester in class:
- The seminar language is English. Seminar papers must be written in English and presentations will be given in English.
- The assessment of the module performance is based on the following:
- 67 percent on the written output (seminar thesis)
- 33 percent on oral performance (lecture, oral participation in discussions and moderation)
In order to pass the seminar, seminar thesis and presentation must be successfully completed.