Conception and Development of Chatbos for E-Services (WS 2018/19)
The bachelor seminar of the Schöller Endowed Chair of Information Systems in the winter semester 2018/2019 focuses on the use of digital and automated assistance and dialogue systems. Within the seminar, the participants carry out independent studies or development work on the conception of chatbots for E-services.
In digital environments, systems such as Google Assistant, Siri, Cortana, or Alexa are used to enable new digital business models. In addition, companies themselves can develop automated dialog systems, e.g. for customer-dealer interaction in e-commerce or for employee-employee interaction in companies (“colleague robot”). Such systems can change the way we inform ourselves, for example, about health issues or vacancies.
Within the framework of the seminar, students should work on their own questions in the area of “chatbots for e-services” and design the use of chatbots for one of the following areas:
- health services
- personnel recruitment
The exact subject areas and questions will be worked out together with the students in the introductory course.
The aim of the seminar is to develop systematic knowledge of business and technical requirements, success factors, implementation variants and other implications for individuals, markets and companies using chatbots, virtual assistants and recommendation systems.
The seminar will address the following topics in the context of knowledge transfer:
- Chatbots and E-Services (Basics and Introduction)
- Technical conditions of chatbots for e-services
- Usage scenarios of chatbots for E-services
- How to write?
- Characteristics of good scientific work
- Theories of Business Informatics
- Research methods of business informatics
- Structure and structure of scientific work
- How to present?
- Characteristics of good (scientific) lectures and presentations
- Tips and hints for your own seminar presentation
Students can apply research and development methods of information systems as well as methods of effective presentation within the framework of the seminar to produce their own scientific work (seminar paper).
Within the framework of the seminar, students are to apply their knowledge in the context of an examination of a question from the area of chatbots for e-services in order to structure their own work and thoughts in the context of a paper and a presentation and to develop prototypes.
The number of participants is limited to 10.
The following schedule is planned for the seminar:
- Registration and allocation of seats until 15.10.2018 (23.55)
- Seminar introduction and assignment of topics: 19.10.2018, 09:45 – 11:15, AEG 33.1.02
- Introduction to scientific work: 26.10.2018, 09:45 – 11:15, AEG 33.1.02
- Presentation technical frameworks and literature: 16.11.2018, 09:45 – 11:15, AEG 33.1.02
- Presentation training: 23.11.2018, 09:45 – 11:15, AEG 33.1.02
- Workshop for the development of usage scenarios: 30.11.2018, 09:45 – 13:00, AEG 33.1.02
- Presentation of the usage scenarios and their implementation: 01.02.2019, 09:45 – 13:00, AEG 33.1.02
- Submission of seminar papers: 28.02.2018, 23.55, online via StudOn.
Attendance is compulsory for seminar participants at these dates.
The seminar service includes a written paper and a presentation.
Registration for the seminar is via StudOn.